Every medical student aspires to gain fame and recognition as the best doctor. To make that dream come true, one needs to pursue medical study from a reputed institute, whether in his/her own country or abroad. Going abroad for MBBS studies is now quite a common necessity among young medical aspirants. The problem arises when it comes to choosing a suitable destination to pursue MBBS. In the recent time, Philippines has gained much popularity among the Indian medical students, for studying MBBS. Philippines is known to be a friendly country, welcoming people from diverse cultural background. The country is well-known for its natural beauty, cheerful people & also recognized medical institutes that offer world-class education in any medical subject.
There are some factors that have resulted in promoting MBBS in Philippines. These factors are:
1. Recognized institutes- Medical study in Philippines has gained reputation mainly because of having recognized universities. Some of them are AMA School of Medicine, Cebu Doctors’ University, University of Northern Philippines and University of Perpetual Help System DALTA are increasing drawing international medical students from all over the world. These institutes are also MCI & WHO recognized & you can practice in India and elsewhere after getting the medical degree.
2. No Language Barrier- MBBS study in Philippines is all the easier since it is imparted in English. Besides, English is the commonly spoken language in many countries including Philippines. Language has never known to be a problem in this country. Moreover, English is spoken everywhere here as well as it is also a means of written communication in any form, be it newspaper or any kind of official document.
3. Safety & Security- When a student is leaving his/her own country to pursue education from somewhere else, the individual always searches for a home away from home. The safety & security is a primary concern of any individual, residing in any part of the earth. Philippines, in this respect, is considered to be one of the safest countries. Not that crimes are totally absent but it is relatively low when compared to other parallel countries offering medical degrees.
4. Quality of Education- Since Philippines has reputed recognized institutes, possessing a world-class faculty is something they pride themselves. The professors are renowned with expert knowledge & are known to be dedicated towards the welfare of the students. The students must imbibe whatever is imparted to them in the class & must retain all the information for the future- this is the ultimate moto of the faculty and also makes medical education in Philippines worthwhile.
5. Affordable Fee Structure- The cost of MBBS course in Philippines is quite affordable, compared to other countries. Moreover, no donation is demanded at the time of admission; the student will have to pay only the admission fee. After that the student becomes a part of the institute & can attend the class from the announced date directly.
6. Affordable Living Standards- Apart from a reasonable fee structure, Philippines also provides for affordable accommodation facilities that can prove to be advantageous for any international student. There are reasonable accommodations available that are close to the medical institutes; any student can choose to stay here & since it is near to the institutes, the student can easily reach his/her classes on time.
7. Eligibility- The eligibility criteria for MBBS education in Philippines slightly differs from India with respect to eligibility criteria for studying MBBS. In India, one is eligible for pursuing MBBS after passing out 10+2 whereas in Philippines, one is eligible for MBBS only after completing BS(Bachelor of Science) since the country follows 10+4 education system unlike India. The student needs to do a BS course from Philippines before pursuing MBBS. Note that the BS course is of short duration, 10 to 18 months, depending on your chosen university.
Conclusion- Studying in a reputed abroad medical institute is a kind of blessing for any medical aspirant. So if you too want your future in the medical line to be a guaranteed success, stop wasting time and get ready for MBBS in Philippines.
Get in touch with Bright Path today Call us (+91) 33 4072 6060 and start your MBBS journey today.