What’s the number one thing that strikes in your mind when it comes to abroad education?
Is it one of those stereotype impressions projected from media platforms that makes you roll up in a fantasy world?
Well if we specifically talk about MBBS education in Bangladesh then it thoroughly matches your imagination towards foreign education.
It has all those standard components that push your decision to study abroad over India.
Bangladesh has a track record of successful FMGE passing percentage against other popular countries of MBBS education which is 30% according to previous year’s reports.
Having top-class infrastructure with better education facilities, All these universities in Bangladesh have recognition from premier & reputed medical councils around the globe.
Top Countries with Successive Passing Percentage of FMGE
In this article you are about to witness the strength of medical education in Bangladesh.
Stay tuned until you don’t get all the data about all the relevant aspects related to an MBBS degree in Bangladesh.
MBBS in Bangladesh: Brief Overview
|Name of the Course||Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (M.B.B.S)|
|Duration of MBBS Course||4.5 Years (One Year for Internship)|
|Language Used for Instruction||Bangladeshi & English|
|Seats for Indian Students||25% Reserved Quota|
|Accepted PCB Score||50% (Gen.) & 40% (Res.)|
|Age Criteria of Candidate||17 (Min) & 25 (Max)|
|Entrance Exam Requirement||NEET – Compulsory
IELTS/ TOEFL – Not Mandatory
|MCI Approved Universities||Govt – 4, Pvt – 10.|
|Avg Fees of Universities||4 lakhs – 8 lakhs (Annual)|
|Avg Cost of Living||15k – 20k Per Month|
|Start Date of Application||September 2020|
|Deadline of the Application||November 2020|
|Course Commence Date||Nov/Dec 2020|
|Recommended University||Bangladesh Medical College|
Accreditation & Recognition of Universities in Bangladesh
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- Medical Council of India (MCI)
- United States Medical Licence Examination (USMLE)
- Foundation of Advancement of International Medical Education and Research – (FAIMER)
- United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
- International Medical Education Directory (IMED)
- General Medical Council (GMC-UK)
- Professional & Linguistic Assessment Board (PLAB)
- World Directory of Medical Schools (WDMS)
- National Medical Commission (NMC)
Subjects & Topics of MBBS Course in the Universities in Bangladesh
The syllabus of MBBS in the universities in Bangladesh is divided into 3 phases:
|Phase and year||Subject||Parts||Marks (Written + Oral + Practical + Formative)||Total|
|First Phase (1 and a half year)||Anatomy||180 +150 +150 +20||500|
|Physiology||180 +150 +150 +20||400|
|Biochemistry||180 +150 +150 +20||400|
|Second Phase(1 year)||Community medicine||-Internal medicine
|Third Phase(1 year)||Pharmacology & Therapeutic||90+100+100+10||300|
|Fourth Phase (1 and a half year)||Medicine and Allied Subjects||180+100+100+20+100(clinical)||300|
|Neo-natology & family planning|
|Obstetrics and Gynecology||180+100+100+20+100 (clinical)||500|
- An Internship of one year is required to be completed by the graduates after their final year program of MBBS.
- It’s this phase where they get practical exposure to test their knowledge & expertise gained through the graduation period on live patients.
- Internship program is conducted in govt & pvt hospitals affiliated with the respective College/University of Bangladesh.
Why Choose Bangladesh for MBBS Studies In 2020?
- Bangladesh has too many MCI approved & globally reputed universities that have reservation of 25% for the Indian students.
- Students belonging to the country which is part of SAARC are not eligible to pay the fees if they score the marks above 95% in 12th grade.
- The entire course of MBBS is taught in English in the universities of Bangladesh & the cost is affordable too. No dalmatian charges are accepted from the students at the time of admission.
- Inbuilt hostel arrangements are facilitated by most of the Universities of Bangladesh on a low cost that contains all the basic luxuries. A fresh quality of Indian food is also served for the students.
- There is no special demand of entrance examination like IELTS/TOEFL from the students apart from NEET exam to get admission in the college.
- All teaching methods executed in the colleges of Bangladesh are practical oriented where teachers focus on the progress of individual students.
- Bangladesh has a very minimum cost of living where most of the products & services including food & rent are available at an economical rate.
- Passing percentage of FMGE tests of Indian students are higher in Bangladesh (32.1%) as compared to most of the international places like China, Ukraine, Nepal, Russia, etc.
Eligibility Criteria for MBBS Course In Bangladesh
- There should not be a gap exceeding two or more after the graduation of student i.e.., completion of 12th std.
- Students must have obtained a minimum of 60% score in PCB (Physics, Chemistry, & Biology) for general category & 40% for reserved category.
- A score acquired in 10th grade must be in accordance with the standards set by the government of Bangladesh.
- Students must be a pass out candidate of NEET examination with an acceptable percentile & cut-off of the respective year of admission.
- Students should be mentally fit to be eligible for studying anywhere across the world & Bangladesh is no exception to that law.
Admission Process for MBBS Courses In Bangladesh
- Colleges in Bangladesh have their official websites where an online application form is available to start the admission process for MBBS.
- You will be instructed to scan & submit the attachment of your documents with duly filled application form to the respective college.
- Within 10 days of average working span, the student will receive the invitation letter once the application form is approved by the university.
- Visit the Embassy office of Bangladesh located at Delhi once you receive the official invitation letter from the university.
- Now you can proceed away with the application of student’s VISA before getting final legal permission to fly across Bangladesh for MBBS studies.
Documents Required for MBBS degree In Bangladesh
- All the original documents of 10th & 12th with required percentage in the core science subjects (PCB).
- Online application form applied as a formality for admission process.
- Eight Copies of Passport size photo (4.5 * 3.5) taken recently.
- A Birth Certification.
- NEET scorecard with qualifying percentile.
- School Leaving Certificate (SLC).
- Nationally accepted ID Proof (PAN Card, Aadhar Card).
Fee Structure of MBBS Course In All MCI Approved Medical Universities of Bangladesh
|Name of University||National Rank||World Rank||Total Fees (Hostel Incl)|
|University of Dhaka||2||1965||Rs. 37,54,800|
|University of Chittagong||6||3054||Rs. 31,24,800|
|Rajshahi University||3||2773||Rs. 35,21,000|
|Bangladesh University of Professionals||46||8716||Rs. 35,21,000|
|Shahjalal University of Science & Technology||10||3236||Rs. 33,15,200|
|University of Science and Technology, Chittagong||56||11004||Rs. 31,75,200|
|Gono Bishwabiddyalay (Gono University)||73||15113||Rs. 28,00,000|
Calculation of Dollars: 1 US Dollar equals to 70 Indian Rupees.
Scholarship Opportunities for International/Indian Students Who Study In Bangladesh
Scholarships are offered for Bangladeshi students who study in India; however Indians do not have any benefits of scholarship while studying over there in the universities of Bangladesh.
Facilities of SAARC Quote Option:
- Students who belong to the Nation which is part of SAARC (South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation) that also includes the name of India are eligible to avail a special quota as a scholarship.
- These students do not have to bear any expenditure for fees of their courses except for living cost which is absolutely bearable.
- In order to capitalize this opportunity, the score of students in 12th grade must be above 95%, otherwise there is no appliance of SAARC quota for the Indian students.
Beware of all fake agents who deceive the students in the name of scholarship.
VISA Process for Indian Students to Study in Bangladesh
A fair establishment of relationship between the two countries allows the students of both nations to study in each other’s land for educational & other forms of opportunities. Out of all types of VISA issued by the government of VISA, following are the requirements to acquire a student’s VISA.
Required documents to get VISA sanctioned:
- A passport with minimum validity of 3 months is a primary condition.
- Two passport size colored photographs captured in recent times.
- A photo of pages in the Passport where ID information is featured.
- Two completely filled up admission forms available at Bright Path
- Original Invitation letter or offer letter received from the university.
- Specific details of the VISA pay entitled to pay for the processing.
- A certification of Bank Solvency of the guardian/parents of the students.
- A certification of sponsoring as a confirmation to bear the educational expenditure from the side of the student’s parents/guardians.
Cost of Living for Indian Students to Stay in Bangladesh
|Cost of Studying in Bangladesh (Food & ACCOMMODATION)|
|Types of Amenities||Total Cost (USD)||Total Cost (INR)|
|Avg Annual Cost of Hostel||700$||50,000 INR|
|One day’s meal outside||5$||500 INR|
|Apartment Rent (External Accommodation)||150$||10,500 INR|
|Annual Insurance Expenses||N/A||N/A|
|Ticket Cost (One Time)||250$||17,500 INR|
|VISA Cost (Single Re-Entry)||85$||6000 INR|
|Total Annual Cost||5,000$ (Approx.)||3,50,000 (Approx.)|
Calculation of Dollars: 1 US Dollar equals to 70 Indian Rupees.
- Bangladesh is one of the closest nations to India that has been residence for some of the top level universities in Asia as evidenced by the large crowd of students relocating there for education over the past few years.
- The country is enriched with greenery that keeps your mind refreshed with the grace of nature.
- You can expect to discover a very friendly society who are known for treating foreigners with utmost respect. Locals also understand the Hindi language, a convenient relief for Indian students.
- You can find most of the products essential in day to life at a cheaper rate which is a good factor from the point of view of living cost affordability.
- Here you have all the necessary information regarding all the aspects of the education that you need before confirming the destination of Bangladesh; it also proves why it is the finest option for Indian students available in the shortest distance.
- The country is not only great for pursuing medical education in an affordable range of fees, but also a qualitative place for seeking practical insights into the study of medicine with it’s dynamic infrastructure.
- If you are curious to get more details on any of the colleges in Bangladesh or any other country, then get here on BRIGHT PATH. You can access all the vital data about the ranking, fee structure, admission process, required documents, faculty info, admission dates, etc.
So, hurry up! & Contact Us right now to secure your admission seats for medical courses in the colleges of Bangladesh or any other country.