Philippines—the most aspired and approved destination for Indian Medical aspirants during the past decade over all the abroad countries that are offering MBBS abroad. The Medical Council of India is the governing body of all the Medical Education; it regulates all the medical courses and medical colleges in order to maintain the quality of medical education in India. Every medical aspirant of India cannot complete his medical education in India due to lack of seats and the high cost of category seats in private medical colleges. The other best available option is to study abroad in the MCI approved medical colleges abroad. There are plenty of countries now offering MBBS abroad but the critical part is to select the best country and the colleges that are approved by MCI like Philippines.
Philippines has emerged as the Doctor’s Dream Destination, during these years, the demand for MBBS at Philippines in the various medical Universities and colleges. Here is the list of all the MCI approved medical universities/colleges in Philippines, to have a clear understanding for the students aspiring Medical Degree in Philippines.
Approved Medical Colleges in Philippines to study MBBS 2020-21
|S. No||Name of the University/College||Enrollment for Indian Students||Address|
|1||South Western University||Yes||Cebu city, Philippines|
|2||South Western University, Matias, H Aznar Memorial||Yes||Cebu city, Philippines|
|3||University of Santo Tomas||No||Metro Manila, Philippines|
|4||St. Paul University||No||Cagayan, Philippines|
|5||University of Saint La Salle||No||Negros Occidental, Philippines|
|6||University of East Raman Magsaysay Memorial Medical Center||No||Quezon City, Philippines|
|7||University of the Philippines||No||Metro Manila, Philippines|
|8||West Visayas State City||No||Iloilo, Philippines|
|9||Virgen Milgrosa University Foundation||Yes||Pangasinan, Philippines|
|10||Saint Louis University||No||Saint Louis, Philippines|
|11||Central Philippine University||No||Iloilo, Philippines|
|12||De La Salie University Health Sciences||Yes||Cavite, Philippines|
|13||Cagayan State University Tuguegarao||Yes||Cagayan, Philippines|
|14||Cebu Doctors University College of Medicine||No||Cebu city, Philippines|
|15||Baguio Central University||No||Baguio, Philippines|
|16||Ateneo De Zamboanga University||No||Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines|
|17||Far Eastern University, Dr. Niconor Reyes Medical Foundation||Yes||Metro Manila, Philippines|
|18||Manila Central University||Yes||Metro Manila, Philippines|
|19||University of Perpetual Help Rizal||Yes||Laguna, Philippines|
|20||Lyceum North Western University||Yes||Pangasinan, Philippines|
|21||Silliman University||No||Negros Oriental, Philippines|
|22||Our Lady Fatima University||Yes||Valenzuela City, Philippines|
|23||Angeles University Foundation||Yes||Pampanga, Philippines|
|24||Xavier University||No||Cagayan De Aro, Philippines|
|25||University of Northern Philippines||Yes||Vigan city, Philippines|
|26||Emilio Aguinaldo College-School of Medicine||Yes||Metro Manila, Philippines|
|27||Davao Medical School Foundation||Yes||Davao del Sur, Philippines|
|28||UV Gullas College of Medicine||Yes||Cebu city, Philippines|
|29||AMA School of Medicine||Yes||Makati, Manila, Philippines|
|30||Cebu Institute of Medicine||No||Cebu city, Philippines|
|31||Dona Remedios Trinidad Medical Foundation||No||Tacloban city|
|32||Ago Medical & Educational Center Bicol Christian College of Medicine||Yes||Albay, Philippines|
|33||Iloilo Doctors School of Medicine||Yes||Iloilo, Philippines|
|34||Zamboanga Medical School Foundation||No||Zamboanga, Philippines|
Essential Information to consider MBBS in Philippines MCI recognized Colleges
- MBBS course in Philippines is known as BS-MD program
- Philippines follows US based Education pattern instead British based curriculum, where course duration depends on the Credits systems instead of the duration in Years.
- MBBS in Philippines is valid globally and recognized by all the global agencies and also by MCI.
- The total MBBS course duration including final year Internship is of 5 years in South Western University.
- Internship in Philippines is recognized and valid in India, and the students once passed the FMGE/NEXT exam they can directly get the License Number without any Compulsory Internship.
- There is no Compulsory Language Test to be passed like in other countries MBBS course in Philippines.
- Disease pattern is 80% similar to Indian disease pattern and is very useful while practicing later in India.
- NMAT qualifying is compulsory for Philippino’s not for any foreign students, as it is like NEET in India. It is required for the Philippine students to qualify as it is a compulsory to appear for License Exam of Philippines.
- NMAT attempting is a must for any foreign student but qualification is not required for any Indian student, but one or two colleges demand for 40 percentile of NMAT to filter the students. But as per the CHED/MCI norms NMAT percentile is not compulsory for any Indian / other countries foreign students to promote into MD.
For more information visit Bright Path or contact our counselors to clarify any of your doubts relating MBBS admissions Abroad and also in Philippines.