1. MCI & WHO Recognised–The Universities offering MBBS in China, where Bright Path will you get admission will be recognised by the Medical Council of India (MCI). This will mean that students will be eligible to sit for the screening test upon their return to India after getting the medical degree from China (the student must qualify NEET before going). The universities for medicine in China are listed in the World Health Organisation (WHO)’s “Directory of World Medical Schools”. This means that graduates are eligible to sit for national medical screening tests such as MCI, PMDC, USMLE (For USA), PLAB (For UK), HPCSA, SCHS, etc.
2. Lower cost of living and affordable tuition fees-Studying MBBS in China is approximately 70% cheaper than studying MBBS in a private university in India. A student can complete his/her medical studies within₹20-25 lakh in China. Compared to the tuition fees charged by the best universities in the rest of the world, the fees charged for MBBS in China is very affordable. Moreover, the fee has to be paid in yearly instalments, which makes life easier for the students. There is no donation for admission for MBBS in China. The charges of tutoring in the universities in China are subsidised by the Ministry of Public Health of the Chinese Government. Overall, studying medicine in China is very economical for international students.
3. Patient inflow during internships-The universities in China which are approved by the MOE of China have to maintain hospitals with the most advanced international-standard medical instruments. They are also required to have a good number of beds. Since China has the highest population in the world and a similar climate to India, the number of patients is very high and also, the disease pattern is similar to that of India.
4. Medical Degree Recognised World Wide-Upon graduating from China, the students will be conferred with the MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery) degree. Since the university you will get admission through Bright Path is recognised by the Medical Council of India, you will be allowed to sit for the screening test in India. The medical degree of China is globally recognised and the student can sit for various screening test of various countries for further studies or to practice in a particular country.
5. Top-Ranked Universities in the World-A number of China’s medical universities are ranked among the top 500 universities in the world. For Indian students, these universities is providing the MBBS course in English-medium. China has the highest number if Indian students among all the countries in abroad (between 2012-2017, China had the highest number if Indian students graduating and appearing for MCI screening test) . A large number of Indian graduates form China are currently practising in India.
6. Ease of getting admission-It is extremely easy to get admission in a medical university in China. Compared to colleges in India, it is so easier and better to get admission in a top-ranked government medical university in China to study MBBS. The criteria to get admission for MBBS in China is much lower than many other countries. The admission process is simple and Bright Path will help you in the selection of the university which is right for you.
7. Less Duration-The duration for MBBS in China is 6 years, including 1 year of internship.Most universities in China offer their medical degrees as a Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS). The MBBS program in China is a fast-track process to become a doctor. It lasts five years, which means you can become a certified physician way faster than those studying medicine in the US, Canada or Germany, where it takes seven to eight years to completely become a doctor.
8. Safe for Indian students & A strong Economy-China is a safe place with no issues of any terrorism or war. The cities where the universities are located are very safe for students from all over the world including India. Almost every university has a good number of Indian students already studying, this makes it easier for the next batch of students to adjust to the new country. Also, China has one of the strongest economies in the world. The infrastructure provided by the medical universities in China is amongst the best in the world.
9. Learn a new language and explore a new culture-The medical course in most universities in China is taught in English, but you are also required to study the Chinese language as a separate subject, which will help you during your internship. China is the country with the largest population and a huge cultural heritage which you will get an experience of while studying MBBS in China.
10. Lots of Choices-China has more than 200 MCI recognised universities. The students thus can choose from a large number of universities providing quality education. Choice can also be made of the basis of a particular city where the student want to go to. Bright Path will help you in the selection of the university which is right for you.