MBBS in Bangladesh / Community Medicine in Bangladesh
Community Medicine is concerned with the health of populations is the branch of medicine in MBBS. It strives to protect and promote the well-being and health of the community through Primary Health Care approach.
The aspects of community medicine:-
- Organizing health and federal services to the community.
- Setting priorities in communities using epidemiology and biostatistics.
- Addressing social determinants of the disease.
In this video our aspiring life student Aakash Dutta (3rd year student at BGC Trust Medical College) vividly explains the importance of community Medicine how the subject holds a prime place in the field of MBBS.
- Community Medicine deals with prevention of diseases and its various clinical aspects.
- Community Medicine helps in the area of research.
- Statistical data is maintained of diseases like Hypertension, Diabetes, Tuberculosis .etc. that exists in the mass population.
- Community Medicine helps in deriving the percentage of the disease distribution as per age group / as per gender and other factors further enhancing the diagnosis and treatment to be done respectively.
- The learning of the subject also helps in immunization programs, like the present covid-19 pandemic doctors are trained to carry on the research work of the different vaccines and it’s immunization of it on the general mass.
- Segregation by the epidemiologists of the variants of covid-19(at present) and other diseases and preparing a statistical data of the pandemic’s effect on a country ,on an age group and areas mostly /sparsely populated is the vital part of community medicine.
- Community Medicine prominently includes the field of work and survey.
- The subject highlights mainly the statistical survey of immunization.
- The field work includes where the students are taken to remote villages where advance medical access is difficult. Wherein a questionnaire is prepared and the students elaborately detail out different health issues faced by the respective community and if they are able to utilize medical facilities as per the medical expenses.
- This is the subject in which the students take an overall survey of the patients from the remote communities which is inculcated in their viva and professional exam.
The process of making this decision can seem daunting, let the experts at Bright Path help you in selecting an ideal medical college that can actualize your dream of becoming a medical practitioner without the hassle of extensive documentation and entrance examinations.
Bright Path is pioneer study abroad education consultants who have been assisting medical students to study MBBS abroad at international recognition at very reasonable costs.